Daily Sun photojournalists explore the community regularly looking for examples of Old Florida’s natural beauty in The Villages. Photojournalist Michael Johnson’s timing and patience paid off when he captured this photo of an otter laying on the ground before napping after feeding on a fish in February at Fenney Springs Nature Trail. It took several scouting trips to Fenney Springs and hours of dedication and planning to come across this animal in its natural habitat, and Johnson was thrilled when his time and effort paid off. Anhingas, cardinals, mockingbirds and turtles also are among the animals often spotted in the area.
- Veteran served as a pilot to presidents
- Drive-in concerts coming to Polo Club
- The Villages Health expanding southward
- New health facility begins serving its first patients
- Villages house of worship splits into two
- Bars opening today; cinemas coming soon
- Resident creates group to facilitate friendship
- The Lofts readies for July 15 move-in
- Fitness fans welcome chance to work out
- Antibody testing for virus comes here
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.