Details for Philip Craig
Philip Joel Craig, 70, went to be with the Lord on May 2, 2020. Phil was born September 2, 1949, to Homer Dallas Craig, Sr. and Adele Smith Craig in Fort Worth, Texas. He grew up in Springfield, Illinois and graduated from the University of Missouri with a B.S. in Aerospace Engineering in 1971. In 1992, he graduated from the University of Pittsburgh with a Masters degree in Business Administration.
Phil was employed by Siemens Westinghouse from 1972 until retiring in 2008, starting his career as a Field Service Engineer and advancing to Vice President of Operation and Maintenance Plant Contracts. Throughout his career he lived in Olathe, Kansas; Murrysville, Pennsylvania; and Winter Springs, Florida and oversaw the construction and operations of power plants in Thailand, India, Taiwan, Pakistan, Turkey, Missouri, and Virginia.
He is survived by his wife, Besa; his sons, Shawn, Michael, and Shannon; and grandsons, Grayson and Hudson. Phil moved to the Villages in 2017 and loved playing golf; taking Tiger, his devoted Labrador, on golf cart rides; wine-making, and flying RC airplanes with the E-Flyers club. He was a faithful Baptist Christian and regular church attendee.
A celebration of life will be scheduled at a later date due to COVID limitations. His ashes will be interred at Glen Haven Memorial Park Cemetery, Winter Park, FL.
Donations to the American Cancer Society are welcome - https://www.cancer.org/involved/donate.html
- VHS graduates star in memorable finale
- Johnny Wild and The Delights available for drive-in parties
- Gyms join eateries, retail in reopening
- How quick action here kept coronavirus at bay
- Americans prepare for historic liftoff
- Graduates to celebrate pride and perseverance
- Charter school seniors haul in scholarships
- Antibody testing for virus comes here
- Growth Report: Chitty Chatty Bridge
- Robust census places local cities in top 10
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.