Details for Manuel Freitas
Manuel Freitas, age 96, passed away on Saturday, November 7, 2020, the day after his late wife Elsie Freitas's birthday. He was born in New Bedford, Mass. and was the beloved son of the late Antonio and Virginia (Fernandes) Freitas.
Manuel was a foreman for the National Silver Company for many years until his retirement. He then moved to The Villages, FL where he lived for 31 years. Manuel was an avid tennis player and enjoyed going to the pool to be with his friends.
Manuel was preceded in death by his brothers Frank, John, Antone, Joseph, Daniel and Raymond Freitas as well as Celeste Souza, Alice Mello, and Mary Arthur. He is survived by 2 sons, Ronald Freitas and Manuel Freitas Jr., and 1 brother, Augostinho Freitas of Sarasota FL. He also had many nieces and nephews who he loved dearly.
A Graveside service will be held on Monday, November 23, 2020 at 11:30a.m. at Florida National Cemetery in Bushnell, FL, leaving from Beyers Funeral Home, 134 N. Hwy 27/441,
Lady Lake, FL 32159 at
In lieu of flowers, donations may be sent to Disabled American Veterans, 510 Montclair Road, Leesburg, FL 34748
Arrangements entrusted to Beyers Funeral Home and Crematory, Lady Lake, FL. Online condolences may be left at
- School districts seek substitute teachers
- Black Friday deals appeal to shoppers
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy promising
- Pre-holiday testing plentiful in Villages
- Restaurants gear up for the rest of the holiday season
- Villager Was Executive Producer on "The Phil Donahue Show"
- Villager backstory
- Villages caregivers give their all for loved ones
- Where we’re from
- Holiday meals come with serving of love
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Dec 3Lake Sumter Landing Market Square
Dec 3Spanish Springs Town Square
Dec 3Brownwood Paddock Square