Details for Joan B. Mezzatesta
THE VILLAGES - Joan B. Mezzatesta, 86, of The Villages passed from this life on
Wednesday, October 2, 2019.
Born in Danbury, CT she was the daughter of the late William and Eugenia (Machado) Ludwig.
She attended local schools and was employed as an inspector for a manufacturing company in the nuclear fusion industry.
Joan and late husband, Frank Mezzatesta, a WWII veteran and POW, came to The Villages in the early 1990s. She along with her late husband, were instrumental in founding The Villages Veterans Park at Spanish Springs.
Joan was a life member and officer in the Disabled American Veterans Auxiliary, Orange Blossom Chapter #150.
Joan is survived by her companion, Harold E. Sievers of The Villages. Joan will be buried at a later date in Crawford Heights Memorial Gardens, Denison, IA.
Arrangements entrusted to Hiers-Baxley Funeral Services, The Villages, FL. For on-line sentiments visit
- Specialists fill new center for advanced healthcare
- Largest rec complex ready for big debut
- Farms cultivate tech to grow foods better
- Sun and fun lure snowbirds back
- Golf carts get us there
- Fun gets new look for festival season
- Reunions draw vets to The Villages
- Having a ball on the courts in The Villages
- The Villages Grown opens first retail store
- Lowlands brings new flavor to golf options
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Oct 18Brownwood Paddock Square
Oct 18Lake Sumter Landing Market Square
Oct 18Spanish Springs Town Square