Details for Gordon Maxwell Purslow
Gordon was born September 9, 1935 in Quincy, Massachusetts to Henry and Dorthy Purslow.
He passed away September 8, 2020 with his loving wife, Joelle, at his side in The Villages, Florida.
He served in the Air Force from 1953-1957 as a member of the Air Force Band. After serving he attended Boston University and the University of New Mexico attaining a BA in music. He was a teaching assistant at Colorado State University where he received a MA degree. His musical teaching profession was in Elsinore, California, Ovid, Colorado and Brookfield, Colorado. As a trumpet extraordinaire, he performed in California, Las Vegas, Denver and Orlando. After retirement he directed the Orlando Sentinel Concert Band and was a participant in musical venues as the New Horizons Concert Band and had a special interest in the Villages Trumpet Ensemble.
Gordon was an exemplary friend, husband, father, grandfather and great grandfather.
His parents, sisters Valerie, Dottie, Shirley, brother, Douglas and first wife, Jean preceded him. Left to cherish memories are his wife, Joelle, son Mark (Patti) Purslow, son Scott (Kim) Purslow, daughter Kim (Tom) McQuire, grandchildren, great grandchildren and extended family. He also leaves a sister, Linda Cyr.
- Ex-big leaguer now enjoying The Villages
- Apartment-style living: Not a new concept here
- Pence campaigns here in election’s final days
- Little school has big goals for its students
- New dining option coming to square
- Dragon boaters get back on the water
- Busy run for Trump campaign in Florida
- Beekeepers innovate better care for bees
- Ex-Big Leaguer "Sudden" Sam McDowell Now Enjoying The Villages
- Florida Senior Games modifies its format
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Oct 19Lake Sumter Landing Market Square
Oct 19Brownwood Paddock Square
Oct 19Spanish Springs Town Square