Details for George William Roome
FREEHOLD - George William Roome, 82, a native of Freehold, NJ, and beloved husband of Lois, passed away on May 23, while visiting NJ from his home in Florida.
Before moving south he had been a life long resident of the house at 138 South Street which his grandfather built in 1892.
George graduated from Rutgers University with a BS in electrical engineering. He worked for Jersey Central Power & Light his entire career.
He was a bachelor until the age of 51 when he married Lois and received a dowry of her five almost grown children.
George and Lois spent many happy years renovating and enjoying their 1892 home and sharing it with friends and family. They took part in the Freehold Tour of Homes each Christmas.
Eventually they moved to The Villages in Florida.
George joined the Train Club there and spent many happy hours attending meetings, playing with trains, and enjoying the many activities and interests he and Lois shared.
- Camp Villages big draw on its first day back
- Area houses of worship change virus guidelines
- Villagers eagerly await another golf boom
- Age can’t slow down local softball player
- Disney's magic changed Florida
- Villages leads region in economic revival
- Former hospital CEO will chair task force on ambulance times
- Inoculation sites changing as demand slows
- Officials bite back against mosquitoes as weather heats up
- Only in The Villages: Woodworkers Club
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Jun 15Lake Sumter Landing Market Square
Jun 15Spanish Springs Town Square
Jun 15Brownwood Paddock Square