BREAKING: A 3-foot hole has opened up on U.S. 27/441 in the southbound lane south of the intersection with Main Street, near the golf cart bridge in The Villages. All southbound lanes of the highway are being diverted onto Avenida Central North (by Chili's) all the way around to Avenida Central South (by CVS). The detour is expected to last throughout the night and possibly tomorrow morning. Both District Public Safety Department and Lady Lake Police are looking into whether the depression was caused by stressed underground pipes that run through the area. It was initially reported as a sinkhole, but that was later determined not likely to be the case.
- Follow new restrictions To slow virus’ move here
- Villages golf remains on course — with precautions
- Villages takes big steps to help small businesses
- Daily Sun Readers: What Questions Do You Have On Coronavirus?
- DeSantis: Floridians must stay at home for 30 days
- Citizens step up to help provide protective gear
- Officials urge diligence amid promising results
- Entertainment rises to the virtual challenge
- Go the distance on National Walking Day
- Commercial construction roars forward in Villages
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.